Thursday, June 19, 2008

Goodbye Mr Kelvin Tan


Dear Mr Kelvin Tan,
Thanks for teaching me for 2 years from 1998 to 1999 and for some of us, you might have known that for some of us, we just address you as Kelvin Tan. 10 years ago when you taught us, you were young, just out of NIE, filled with zest to impart your knowledge with us. There were some friction between the us and him and i must admit that you wasnt that well received. We were all young rebellious and he was inexperienced. I could still remember you in your signature shirt and tshirt combination when you came for class.
Days ago, Wendy smsed to say that you passed away suddenly. I flipped through the papers for the obituary and saw your face. I tried to recall if your name was Tan Chay Hong but could not remember anything but that picture in the papers could not be mistaken.
Went to your wake yesterday night, some of the 4K people were there. Spoken to your mum and found out what happened, saw the photos on the wall, you have really grown so much thinner in Zhonghua. Through your mum, we knew that you delayed seeking the doctor due to your commitments at work and conditions aggravated.
10 years ago, you were just a young teacher teaching us, 10 years later, you passed away.
Though i do not know you personally or remember that i have any contact with you within the timeframe of 1998-1999, your demise just kept me thinking about life and how short life could be. Truly standard of living and quality of life are not exactly the same.

Through all these, you taught me/us another lesson....prob a final one

Thanks Mr Tan, rest in peace... =)

1 comment:

ABC said...

I just happened to come across this page. Mr Kelvin Tan was once my teacher too. He taught me Geography when I was in RVHS. (I notice many familiar names listed in the picture of the yearbook. A number of the teachers once taught me too.) Thank you for posting this. :~(