Thursday, February 15, 2007

What did you do on Valentine's Day?



Today is Valentine's Day. Its extremely crowded everywhere in town, at jurong west. Its was pretty heartwarming to see guys holding on to the flowers/bears, waiting for their gf/wives to come. It was even sweeter to see even old married couples celebrating this day. That really put a smile on my face.AWweee....

Well, it was a really exciting day for me because its my first day in a class! Last year, i was allocated to teach one student in CHEC tuition but this year i had the opportunity to be an assistant/observer in an A MATHS class!! I have been asking God for more open doors, more opportunities to serve him and grow in my ministry so even though i am not teaching, i am just as excited! Lye Heng took the class. Today's attendance wasnt that good, prob because of Vday and New Year but then again, it was an eye opener and good learning experience from Lye Heng.

I was a bit skeptical in helping out in the class as it has been quite a while since i last touch A maths. The last time i taught was in 2004, a good 3 years ago. All along, i have been teaching elementary maths, so there's some stuff i really need to brush up on.

Enjoyed me first lesson with teacher lye heng, it really brought me back to my sec sch days. haha.. learning simultaneous equation and matrices. Its kinda nice spending Vday serving ministry, its like going out on a special date!

its week 6 in ntu....half the semester le... got to work hard and stay on track. Got to remember to practise my A MATHS too!(oh yah the book on the right belongs to me, used it in 1998, nostalgic!)hee

No comments: