Thursday, March 01, 2007

My love for Gadgets


I bought my first pager when i was in College first year. I was considered a late bloomer since quite a few of my friends had pagers back in secondary school. Back then there were no sms, emails werent that popular yet also. I still remember doing alphanumeric on the telephone booth. That is the time when those meaningless secret codes came about. 512, 1314. haha. anyway mine was a nice green motorola mtv pager.

Then my first phone was siemens c35-bought in 2000. Bought it because it was a cheap phone back then. It was $8 when i signed up with starhub. Back then, starhub was the only telco that had the freeincoming and that was the period of time when starhub users will hang up the phone and ask the recipent to call back. That was also the time when the nokia game snake became very popular. This phone accompanied me all the way to army.

Got this motorola t191 because of some deal or promotion also. This is a much better phone than the siemens one, though both GUI are bad. you could scan in your photo and make it into a dot-matrix screensaver which was pretty cool back then. Nicer ringtones also.Then nokia came out with a coloured phone. got this phone at the end of 2002. I could remember it because i got this phone from a friend who let go to me at $300. It was the first phone which i paid so much, considered the amount of money i am earning from SAF. Buttons were weird but hey! its a coloured screen! This is when polyphonic tones became popular and ringtone companies started to pop up like never before.

This is a good trustworthy phone which saw me through 2003,2004. It has a torch light which is really useful when i was in army exercises. The games accompanied me through the long waiting hours in training as an instructor in camp. Phone was repaired by szeyin when she flung my phone over a distance which somehow damaged it. Oh yah, it has radio!
Changed to nokia 7260 during 2005-changed to this immediately after it was repaired so that i could enjoy the tradein before it spoils again. This is nokia's attempt in trying to make the phone looks stylish and it seems to be a very popular design. Many of my friends have this design-be it in white or black. However the paintwork on the buttons will tarnish after a while. camera is still vga quality. This phone has a big minus point- it doesnt seem to reflect when the inbox is full and hence the recipent cant receive any sms at all when the sms inbox in choked up.
it took me a while to consider before i changed to sony ericsson because of the difference in GUI as compared to nokia. been a long time nokia user and i have long gotten use to its menu. However nokia has also came out with the symbian os which is also pretty ard to use. I liked this phone a lot because it has a really good camera and the camera accompanied me through around 5000 photos. Unfortunately dropped it once when i came out of the car and it land on the the tar road which came under my foot notknowing that the phone has dropped, resulting in several dents at the edges and a faulty camera. got it repaired but the phone seems to hang/ camera would have problems focusing. so sold it off at a really good price and got the current one.
difference in this phone and the previous.
works more like a camera
can store a lot of sms! i think i have around 1000 sms in my inbox.
very thorough functions
3.2 megapixel!
wonder whats next. =)

No comments: