Friday, November 10, 2006

Wayne's 1st email to me

Wayne wrote me an email after i long came back to singapore. =)

A week before Kai shen arived my mom told me and my little brother our cousin from Singapore is coming next month! From that day on we foucused on Kai Shen's arival . I have never seen Kai Shen since I was a baby, I was in Singapore that time, now it is his turn to come to our country, CANADA! I met him in the airport with my mom ( my brother Kyle is in school ). He was very tall and had lots of luggages. My dad came to pick us up because my mom has to go to work. Kai Shen and my dad talked with each other for a long time, about Singapore, the news. As soon as Kyle came home from school he was a little shy to Kai Shen. Kyle was a migget to Kai Shen, HEEHEE! It didn't take too long for Kai Shen too long to get used to the time here, Since Kai Shen slept very late. Kai Shen liked our house very much. since he lived in a appartment. Kai Shen took a shower, unpacked his luggage the took a long nap. My mom came early from work just to see Kai Shen, and Kai Shen was in bed sleeping! Few days later we took Kai Shen around the hood. The first stop was the Co-op, it was a little market in the corner of the Hamptons. We visited Blockbuster first. we didn't buy anything but we get a good view of the movies. We saw some candy in Blockbuster so we were going to buy them but we deicided to go to Co-op to get candy. At Co-op we bought some smarties and a box of granola bars. Behind the market was a park and the market was at the top of the hill. My little brother ran down the hill as fast as he can. Through the park was another route home. We watched a movie that Kai Shen brought to Canada for us to watch. Another few days later we are going to Banff. The trip was very long maybe about 1.5 hours. Banff is a small town full of shops. We parked in the Safeway parking lot. We took a little bathroom break at Safeway. The walk was very long, not even half way yat and my legs were killing me! Lots of mosquitos are attacking me! Every once in a while I will tell my mom to put this medicine that prevents itch. About half way we found two boys selling lemonade! They lean on a fence selling lemonade! Behind the lemonade sellers is a park and the Bow River. We headed back to the car by then I got at least 5 mosquito bites! I had no idea where we are going, I saw Kai Shen and my Kyle going the Cave. The Cave is a cave with a big lake at the end. The lake smelled like dead fish, EWW! At the top of the Cave was a hole seeled by a cage. We met mom and dad outside of the Cave. We together climbed outside the outside of the Cave. At the top of the cave there is a notice that how they discover the Cave. After the Cave we went to the Hot Springs Hotel. There is a big hot springs tub Behind the hotel. the tub was full of people. the tub burned 46 degree celsius. almost for the rest of the weekdays Kai Shen went wandering in downtown and once with Kyle! Saturday we visited Jasper! We didn't get off the as mutch in Jasper. Only Kai Shen gets to go to the Ice Field. Ice Field is one of the main atrractions in Jasper. The Ice Field is vrey cold, it has been frozen since the Ice Age! Kai Shen stayed there foralmost 1 hour. my mom and dad were sleeping while Kyle and I were playing Gameboy. Kai Shen came back by running down. by then I just knew that Kai Shen was wereing sandals. another long drive we went to lake. The lake is called Lake Louise. the lake was crowded with people. people seem to have a relaxing time together. Kyle started heading to the cold water to play, so I joined. Very soon Kyle fell in the water and was wet. Kyle got striped by my dad! Kyle was in his boxers! lots of people giggled whin they passed Kyle. Me and my parents went to a little walk. Kyle was in his Boxers till we arrived home! After 4 days we went to Drumbheller. we invited Steven and Auntie Linda. Auntie Linda is another visiter from Singapore. Drumheller is the Alberta's badlands. To me Drumheller is a desert. On the way we met the canyons Kai Shen, Auntie Linda, Steven, Kyle, and me went to the bottom of the oversized hill. At the bottom of the canyons, all men took a piss exept for Kai Shen. at the bottem is just a long grass like what you see in the dessert. By the time we reached the top we were all sweating. Drumbheller had dinosaurs everywhere. The only building we visited was the gift shop. infront of the gift shop was a dinosaure, the dinosaure was a T-rex! The T-rex is very big. The gift shop was full of dinosaures! I expect this since everything here is about dino. I don't know where we are going next. we arived in a little fruit shop. I thought we were going to buy strawberries. I was half right. We are going to buy strawberries but we were picking them. Mosquitoes and sandflies were everywhere. It cost $2 a pound, we paid $20 at the end. we went to the sispention bridge next. The bridge is just a long bridge that crossed the river. I was bored after the strawberries, but i never expected going to the Hoodoos. The Hoodoos was a mountin of sandrock. I was too scared to climb to the top so I climbed half way. Every one else exept mom and dad climbed to the top. Another few days later. Kai Shen wanted to go to Downtown. I wanted to go to since I never went walking around in Downtown before. The bus stop wasn't far, the bus stop was just across the road. We waited for 5 minutes before the bus came. While i was waiting Kai Shen told me how to put the ticket in. The bus was very old. By our seat there was this squeaky sound, it sounded like a bunch of dead rats. The bus stops are very close together, well closer than the school bus stops. When we reached Dalhousie, some dude gave us free smarties! The C-train was way better than the bus. It's faster, it's newer, and you get to go through tunnels which makes cool sounds! I never knew this much people visit Downtown. People are here and there. Just few minutes Kai Shen needed to go to the washroom. We stoped by T.D. square. T.D. Square is a large Tower. On top is a roof garden. I never seen a mall as a tower, all I've seen is a ordernary mall. We exited another exit. Through the other exit was a little party, well it looks like one. No cars are on this road, I think this has something to do with the Stampeade. There are standes everywhere. Kai Shen told me we are going to the Glembow Museam next. Glembow museam has changed over the years. The last time I've came here was in grade 2. There were 4 floors, from the outside it looked like 5-7 stories high. The first floor is just the pay and the info desk. There was stairs. We went to the second floor. The second floor was full of ancient times. At the second floor there is a art thing. there are stamps that gives us egiption letters. i made 2, one says Kyle and the other one says Wayne. The Canadian level was next. it was full of past people in Canada. We saw how they lived and what they eat. They eat bufflo. They kill them by forcing them off a cliff. The last floor was the war and weapons. There was past wars to nowaday wars. We went to the Glembow gift shop exit. We were hungry so we went to the food court of a mall. I ate Subway and Kai Shen ate this other restrunt. We shared desert together. it was a fruit desert with choclet at the outside. We were on the C-train again to stop at Winners. But we never found Winners. We decided to go home. Three days later we went camping. We went camping with our whole family. 1st we went to Vancover Island for 3 days. On the 2nd day I fell in a bunch of thorny bushes. i had cuts all over my body. on the 2nd day and third we fished up crabs. It took a long time to fish them up. in 3 hours we only got 1! I didn't cought any at the 1st day but I got 1 so close only it was female. We started to move to Kelowna. We woke up early so we can get there at noon. Behind our camp site was a mountian, not really a mountian but a giant hill of dirt. On the second day I climbed the chunck of dirt. It was very high and i was very scared of hights. We had a long trip back and I was back at home. I was sad when Kai Shen went home. We stoped at Tim Hortons to eat breakfast. I was sad that Kai Shen went home. We all took one last photo before he went home.

No comments: